Amanda M. Peek
Amanda Peek is the managing attorney of Peek Law Firm where she provides family law, criminal defense, and estate planning representation for individuals and families in the Northern Colorado area and surrounding counties. Amanda received a Bachelors of Arts from the University of Colorado in Boulder. She obtained her Juris Doctor from Gonzaga School of Law, graduating cum laude.
During law school, Amanda worked as a legal intern with the United States Attorney’s office for the Eastern District of Washington. Upon graduation, Amanda was a Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Kittitas County Washington.
While passionate about her work as a prosecuting attorney, the draw of family and beautiful Colorado was strong, and she relocated back to Northern Colorado joining her father in practice at the Peek Law Firm in 2010.
Amanda’s main areas of practice include:
• Divorces and legal separations
• Parental responsibility actions
• Child custody and support
• Protection orders
• Traffic and Misdemeanor Criminal Defense
• Preparation of Wills and Powers of Attorney
Outside of the office, Amanda serves as a board member of Weld County Legal Services and is currently serving as the secretary of the organization. Amanda also serves on the Judicial Performance Commission for the Nineteenth Judicial District. Amanda has been actively involved in the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, serving as a board member for the Weld County Chapter of the organization. In addition to Amanda’s active participation on boards, Amanda volunteers legal services for Weld County Legal Services at monthly Ask An Attorney clinics, Project Connect, and the Weld County Legal Fair.
Amanda enjoys camping and fishing, working in the garden, and spending as much time as she can with her daughter Kennedy and her son Rutledge.
Amanda’s publications/presentations include the following:
• Byron White Inns of Court, Presenter of The ACEs Study: Adverse Childhood Experiences and their lasting effects, February 2017
• Weld County Bar Association Nuts and Bolts Annual Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Presenter of Unbundled Legal Services and Modest Means Representation, December 2016
• Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Presenter of Child Support Services: Who we are, what we do, and how we can help your clients presented at the Lawyer’s Public Information Foundation’s Annual Family Law Seminar, October 2015.